Stage Name: G-Dragon (지드래곤)
Real Name: Kwon Ji Yong (권지용)
Position: Leader, Main Rapper, Main Dancer, Producer, Lyricist
Birthdate: August 18, 1988
Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
Blood Type: A
Language/s: Korean (fluent), Japanese (conversational), English (conversational)
Hobbies: reading, watching cartoons, rapping, dancing, beatboxing, fashion, composing, writing lyrics, drawing
Sibling/s: Da Mi (older sister)
Years Active: 1995 – present
School: KyungHee University (Art Design Postmodern Music – 2008)
Official Facebook Page (CLICK)
Official Twitter Page (CLICK)
Official me2day Page (CLICK)
Official Instagram Account (CLICK)
- He is the lyricist and a co-producer of the group’s albums.
- GD also known with the name Iguana Idol, because in a year he could change the color of his hair several times. It also makes the VIP (Bigbang’s fans) worried his hair could be damaged.
- His favorite colors are yellow and white.
- GD has been participating in entertainment industry since he was a boy. GD’s first appearance in the industry was at a kids TV program 뽀뽀뽀 (Bbo Bbo Bbo), and when he was 7 he became a member of Little Roora.
- G-Dragon has been trained by YG Entertainment since he was 12 along with another Bigbang member, Taeyang. In their training time, they were known as GD-YB and has collaborated with other YG family members such as Jinusean.
- To date, GD has 7 tattoos on his body. Most of GD’s tattoos were made when Bigbang attended Hollywood Bowl and in the birthday party of Danny (Im Tae Bin) of 1TYM in Las Vegas. Those tattoos were made by a tattoo artist, Carey Heart (Pink’s ex-husband) at a famous tattoo shop, Hart & Hurington Tattoo Parlor, Palms Casino, Las Vegas. While his two newest tattoos was made before Bigbang promoted their mini album Alive.
~ One on his back is written: “Too Fast to Livem Too Young to Die,” which is a quote on one of Vivienne Westwood’s T-shirt design.
~ On his right arm is written “Vita Dolce,” which means a better life. On his left arm is written “Moderato,”, means “Moderate,”a term in music.
~ On his right arm, behind the “Vita Dolce” tattoo, is a tattoo of a legged heart.
~ On his left chest, a tattoo of a dragon ball with eight stars from the Dragon Ball series. It symbolizes GD’s name and the eight stars as the highest achievement.
~ On his right flank there’s a tattoo written “Forever Young”.
~ And on his left flank is written “Mind Control”.
- Kang In of Super Junior was he boyhood friend.
- GD said his ideal type of woman is the kind of Ivy, BoA, and Lee Yeon Hee. For BoA and Ivy because they dance, sing and implicate Hip Hop and R&B perfectly with their style. While Lee Yeon Hee because he said she is sweet.
- Ahn Sohee (Wonder Girls), Kiko Mizuhara (Japanese model), Sandara Park (2NE1) are three girls linked to be having relationships with GD in recent years. Even GD and Sandara Park have their own ‘couple fans’ called The Applers.
- 2PM’s JunSu is GD’s best friend when he was a trainee.
- GD is also nicknamed “Pinky Boy” because he likes to wear his favorite pink scarf.
- Some VIPs gave him a name “Sandpaper Ji Yong”, because his figure looked rough and cold from the outside.GD himself confessed he really looks like that from the outside, but from the inside he wasn’t really that guy. Only people around him and really close to him know what he’s like.
- His “1″ speed dial in his cell phone is his dad.
- GD’s room is the cleanest and the neatest among the other members’ room while Taeyang’s room is the one called “A Shop” because it’s full of limited edition clothes and stuff from many famous brands.
- When he was asked which member of SNSD he thinks is the closest to his ideal type, he answered Yoona.
- GD is a perfectionist, he would be very upset if the boys look less serious in their training sessions for stage performance or recording.
- GD once hit by a marijuana case when he was in Japan, which made him down when Bigbang was in the process of releasing their new album Alive in the mid-2011. But now people has stopped talking about the case.
- If he wasn’t a singer, he would learn fashion because GD has a passion in that field. GD also said that the most valuable things for him were his hats, shoes, and accessories. He would be very sad if those stuff lost because it would be so hard to find the replacements.
- Has a dog named Ga Ho and Jolie.
- He has a group named NuThang (read New Thing) consisted by some of his friends like: Lee Soo Hyuk (the guy in 2NE1 music video It Hurtz), Yang Seung Ho, and Lee Jung Hyun who is now a stylist of 2NE1.
- GD was once a protege of SM Entertainment for 5 years. He signed for them when he was 5. Because the intensity of the training schedule there was seems irregular, SME was confused whether to make him a soloist or get him into a boyband. Beside, they also confused about the character they want to tag into GD and those made GD uncertain about his future with SME. Moreover, at the time he heard that he was planned to be an supplementary member of Shinhwa, not their official member. Those all made GD became more doubtful about his future. At last he resigned SME. And when we was at his friend’s house, he listened to rap and ever since he learned freestyle rap, and until then he signed for YG Entertainment. YGE was well-known with their rap music.