Stage Name: TaeYang (태양); Sol
Real Name: Dong YoungBae (동영배)
Position: Main Vocals, Main Dancer
Birthdate: May 18, 1988
Birthplace: Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Blood Type: AB
Language/s: Korean (fluent), Japanese (conversational), English (conversational)
Hobbies: listening to music, watching TV, singing, dancing, gardening
Sibling/s: HyunBae (older brother)
Years Active: 2001 – present
School: Daejin University (Theater & Film – 2008)
Official Facebook Page (CLICK)
Official Twitter Page (CLICK)
Official me2day Page (CLICK)
Official Instagram Account (CLICK)
- Became ‘interested’ in music after hearing Brian McKnight’s first album when he was little.
- He has never had a girl friend before.
- Known to be extremely shy and nervous around girls, has become better but still unable to speak or look at them.
- First kiss was : “Last September(2006) when we had our 2nd single out, at the music video set. The girl was the actress Lee Suh Ra. A little bit but many times. What? I couldn’t help it!” He texted his the other Big Bang members soon after with “HYUNGS IM DEAD!” (them: what happened?)’I KISSED THE GIRL!!’
- Dislikes when people make face judgements about them.
- One of his favorite songs is ‘Frankie J – Don’t Wanna Try’.
- Answered to if he crushed on a girl in his fan group, that he would give her his hand.
- Always carries his ipod, bible, and English vocab cards in his backpack and sometimes energy drinks.